- In this Agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- Event means an event or service that you wish to attend or purchase and which can be booked via the Website.
- us/we means London Theatre Direct Limited (company number 03800560) whose registered office is Suite 404 Albany House, 324/326 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH.
- Website means ShowsInLondon.co.uk
- you means you or anybody who in our reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission.
- Any reference in this Agreement to writing or cognitive expressions includes a reference to telex, cable, facsimile transmission, e-mail or comparable means of communication.
- Any reference in this Agreement to any provision of statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
- The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation.
- To make bookings from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- By clicking the “Complete Your Purchase” button once you have completed the Booking Form you shall be deemed to have made an offer to book an Event subject to these terms.
- No order placed by you shall be deemed to be accepted by us until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by us and we are in receipt of payment.
- You warrant that all information you give to us while using the website is correct. If the information changes prior to your attendance at the Event it is your responsibility to notify us as soon as possible.
- Except as stated in clause 3.4 and 3.6-3.3.8 we will not be liable to give any refund or exchange for any Event booked by you through the Website, and you may not cancel your order.
- Upon acceptance of you booking we will book on your behalf the Event at the time and place requested. Whilst we will make every effort to provide the particular booking requested we reserve the right to change that booking providing the alternative booking is of equal or greater value to that requested.
- The Event organiser may alter, cancel or postpone the Event. If the Event is altered, cancelled or postponed please contact us for information as you may be entitled to obtain a refund (see clauses 3.6-3.8 below).
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time prior to the Event taking place (including where we suspect a booking has been made fraudulently).
- You may not resell or transfer your tickets if prohibited by law. In addition, Event organisers may prohibit the resale or transfer of tickets for some events. Any resale or transfer (or attempted resale or transfer) of a ticket in breach of the applicable law or any restrictions imposed by the Event organiser is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund.
- Rescheduling: Unless indicated otherwise in relation to a particular event, if an event is rescheduled, you will be offered seats at any rescheduled event (subject to availability) of a value corresponding with your original tickets. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be offered a refund. You must inform us within the time specified by us if you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, otherwise we may reconfirm your booking for the rescheduled date and you will not be entitled to claim a refund.
- Material alteration: If an event is materially altered, you will be offered an option to either reconfirm your order for the altered event or to claim a refund, within such time as specified by us. Failure to inform us of your decision may result in your order being reconfirmed for the altered event and you will not be entitled to claim a refund. Please note, the use of understudies in theatre performances and/or any changes of: (i) any supporting act; (ii) members of a band; and/or (iii) the line-up of any multi-performer event (such as a festival) shall not be a material alteration.
- Where tickets are to be issued for an Event they may be sent by first class post or available for collection at the box office or they may be print-at-home or e-tickets.
- Tickets will only be delivered to the registered address of the credit/debit card holder if: a) the address is situated within the United Kingdom; b) the booking is made at least 14 days before the Event; c) you request us to Please note that delivery will be subject to an additional charge for postage and packing.
- You should receive your tickets at least 7 days prior to the Event. If you do not receive your tickets before this period please contact us.
- If you are collecting your tickets from the box office please make sure you have your acknowledgement of order and your credit/debit card (used to make the booking) with you. You will only be able to collect your tickets one hour prior to the Event starting.
- It is your responsibility to check the information contained in the acknowledgement of order and the tickets is accurate prior to you attendance at the Event.
- Unless otherwise notified to you in writing before acceptance of the order the price for the Event shall be the price set out on the Website at the time we accept your order.
- All prices quoted on the Website are inclusive of any value added tax which amount will be payable by you.
- You will pay the price upon completion of the booking form.
- The Website content and design is subject to copyright owned or licensed by London Theatre Direct Limited. The Website is provided solely for your own use and you will not, without our written permission, transfer or sell or attempt to transfer or sell access to or use of the site (or any part or facility of it) or any of your rights or obligations under this agreement to any other person.
Website contents disclaimer
- We give you no warranty or assurance about the Website or its contents. Whilst we do endeavour to maintain the accuracy and the quality of the information on the site they may be incorrect or out of date and may not constitute definitive or complete information relating to an Event or any other subject matter.
- We shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms if, through circumstances outside of our reasonable control, we have been unable to fulfil your order or comply with any other obligations under these terms.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- You acknowledge that any order that we accept is to be performed by a third party (i.e. a theatre company or restaurant) and that we have no control over the performance and/or quality of such an Event. Therefore all such bookings will be on the terms and conditions of the relevant event holder and we accept no liability in respect of any such event.
- Notwithstanding clause 9.1, where a court of competent jurisdiction determines that we are liable in any way; our entire liability under this agreement is limited to the price you have paid for the Event by which the liability arose.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law.
- If any provision of these terms is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of these terms and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- The parties to this agreement do not intend that any term of this agreement will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of this agreement shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Queries and complaints
- As an online trader, pursuant to European Union legislation, we draws your attention to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform Here, where you can access for further information about online dispute resolution.
- STAR can be contacted at:
PO Box 708,
St Leonard’s Place
Telephone: 01904 234737 (or +44 1904 234737 if calling from outside the UK)