Chariots of Fire
The scene is the Olympics in Paris, 1924. The characters are two young athletes. One battles against anti-Semitic discrimination; the other faces the hurdle of disapproval from his devout Christian family. However, this is not a tale, but the true story of Eric Liddell and Harold Abrahams.
Based on the Academy Award-winning 1981 film of the same name, Chariots of Fire is showing in the West End this year, as the Olympics comes to London. The production will see the transformation of the Gielgud Theatre into a stadium and of course, features the legendary Vangelis score.
This Olympic year, see this incredible tale of fighting spirit on the sporting stage with Chariots of Fire.
Chariots of Fire tickets in London:
To make a booking or to find ticket prices for Chariots of Fire at the Gielgud theatre, London, you can select your ticket preferences at the top of this page and check availability. To get further information on the Gielgud theatre where Chariots of Fire is showing, please click here.
Theatre tickets for Chariots of Fire at the Gielgud theatre are booked through Shows In London secure online booking system with credit card merchant services provided by Barclaycard.
Once tickets are booked through Shows In London you will receive an e-mail confirmation receipt and your tickets will be despatched to you within 48 hours of booking or alternatively left for your collection at the theatre Box Office.
At Shows In London we provide access to the full range of tickets from best seats to the cheapest ticket deals for all London West End Theatre, including half-price and discount ticket offers.
- Wow, what a year to launch this classic. This is a great show to get you in the Olympic spirit in London! We can't wait to see the race for the Winning Tape.
- If you're feeling particularly athletic, go for a jog around the West End before the show. We're certain you'll appreciate the exercise and the show more that way.
- Be prepared for the noise from the starting pistol - it's a pretty loud bang!
- If you sit in the stadium seats you can’t take any food or drink with you.
Chariots of Fire transferred to the Gielgud Theatre in June 2012 following its premiere performance at the Hampstead theatre where it received outstanding reviews and was the perfect ‘warm up’ to London’s Olympic games, with WhatsOnStage.com styling it as “a show that ignites the Olympic spirit and then douses it in patriotic fervour with Gilbert and Sullivan, the Eton boating song, Rule Britannia and Jerusalem”.
The Daily Mail awarded it five stars and “gold medals all around”, and the Guardian described it as "fantastically enjoyable production…a triumph of will that is in keeping with the spirit of the story it tells."
- The cast were exceptionally good and obviously fit. It was very well choreographed to show the races.
- Possibly it may not appeal to younger folk but anyone like me who remembers the film and the iconic score will love it.
|Wed||3 PM||7:45 PM|
|Sat||3 PM||7:45 PM|
Booking UntilSaturday 5th January 2013
Gielgud Theatre - seating plan
Why book West End Tickets from Shows in London?
- Over 25 years selling West End Tickets
- Voted #1 for customer service
- Approved STAR member
- Up to 70% discount
- Secure online booking
- Live ticket availability